MURTC Members Guidelines: COVID-19 “PLAY SAFE GUIDELINES”: RETURN TO RESTRICTED PLAY
The T&RA and MURTC have reviewed the Government guidance on the safe playing of real tennis. These Play Safe Guidelines are to help clubs and players return to play in a compliant way as soon as possible.
BEFORE & AFTER PLAY STAY INFORMED:
• Chris Bray and Will Burns are MURTC’s Covid Compliance Officers. Their primary duties are to review the relevant guidance, conduct regular formal risk assessments for their club, communicate with the club’s Board, Management Committee and its members, ensure compliance, and monitor and report on any instances of infection. They are also responsible for implementing and monitoring track and trace procedures at MURTC.
• Do not go to a court if you or anyone in your household has any symptoms compatible with Covid 19. Let Chris or Will know if you or anyone in your household is showing symptoms.
• Check the latest version of the T&RA’s guidelines on the T&RA website.
BEFORE LEAVING HOME & AFTER YOU RETURN:
• Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds, using soap and water or antibacterial hand wash.
• Make court bookings and payments online or via telephone. The T&RA’s online booking platform is available in many of the clubs nationwide.
EQUIPMENT AND FACILITIES:
• Airflow in and around the court is important to reduce airborne infection. All our doors and windows will be left open as much as possible. Our courtside fans will be on to aid circulation. Doors in use will have their handles cleaned regularly with antibacterial wipes.
• Entrance to the court will be via the back door that runs alongside the AstroTurf pitches. Please exit via the metal staircase. Please remember to wait for play to stop before moving down the passageway
• At either the start or end of each day, the court’s surfaces will be disinfected.
• Carry your own hand sanitizer and use before and after going on court. Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance/exit to the Club and at the entrance to the court.
• Do not share any rackets/equipment.
• Wipe down your equipment before and after use.
• Ensure you take all your belongings with you at the end of the session. During play, leave your belongings in a bag or in a place designated by the club.
• Toilet and shower facilities will be open. Please come ‘real tennis ready’ where possible to minimise the use of the showers. You will have to bring your own towel.
TRAVELLING TO AND FROM THE COURT:
• Avoid using public transport as much as possible.
• Arrive as close as possible to when you need to be at the court.
• Arrive changed and ready to play. Shower at home, and do not use the venue’s changing facilities.
• Please do not congregate after playing. No social activity should take place.
SECTION 2: DURING PLAY COURT LIMITS:
• Maximum of four people per court.
• Doubles play is allowed under specific conditions. If you wish to play doubles please speak to either Chris or Josh who will explain the new rules of play.
• Coached sessions will be limited to one to one coaching activity only with the professionals on the other side of the net from the player.
• Court sessions will be restricted to one hour. This leaves 10 minutes between sessions to reduce the risk of airborne infection and for social distancing. The professional staff will also use this time to disinfect all reachable surfaces where players may have been in contact, most importantly the gallery and dedans ledges and the court floor.
MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING:
• Always stay at least two metres away from other players.
• Do not make physical contact with other players.
• We have a stock of PPE (including face masks and disposable gloves) as part of our first aid equipment. This is in case physical contact is necessary, e.g. in case of injury.
• We have a protocol for changing ends. The server should wait at the centre of the net until the server-to-be reaches the last gallery.
• If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve.
• Avoid touching your face.
• Avoid using your uncovered hands to pick up balls – use your racquet or a gloved hand as much as possible.
• Avoid touching the court walls and other surfaces.